The light emitting diode (LED) Smart TV is a high-tech electronic device designed with the latest electronic technology that satisfies the aesthetic appeal and expectations of the customer. However, for a customer to enjoy the full benefits of the LED smart 3D TV, he or she must adhere strictly to the warnings and caution signals which the TV may display. Most of the time, users often ignore safety instructions on the manual that comes with electronic gadgets or may not even pay heed to the directives given by technical personnel on how to use and operate their TV sets and other household electronic appliances.
1. Do not place the TV remote controller in locations having the direct impact of sunlight, high humidity, water, electromagnetic radiation, source of heat, ice or magnet.
2. The mains plug of your TV must fit firmly to the source of power or wall socket to prevent avoidable power surges resulting from vibrations.
5. Avoid placing heavy objects on the power cord. Heavy or sharp objects placed on the power cord can wear out the cord and expose the insulated wires which can cause fire when connected to a socket or result in electric shock.
6. Do not use wet hands while connecting or disconnecting the cord from or to a power source.
7. Make sure that too many electrical devices are not plugged on a single power source to prevent power overload and short citing which can cause electric sparks and fire.
8. Ensure you do not store or place any inflammable material on your TV set. There could be incidences of fire or explosion if there is an overheating of the wires or cord.
9. The contents of batteries are poisonous. Dispose off used batteries properly (never burn them) such that they do not get to the reach of children.
10. Try as much as possible to prevent children from climbing platforms where your TV sits on and prevent them from holding on to cords or cables. They could be electrocuted.
11. Never touch your TV set or antenna during a lightening or thunder storm to avoid been electrocuted.
12. Do not disassemble, rearrange or attempt to repair your TV set at your own discretion. Always consult trained technical personnel for any repair or maintenance.
13. Ensure that you do not install your LED smart TV on areas or locations prone to radio waves or any other electromagnetic radiation. Electromagnetic radiations can seriously alter the functionality of sensitive parts of your TV set.
14. It is recommended that you maintain a distance of at least 3 to 7 times the diagonal screen size of the TV set. This is to ensure that you do not experience a blurred vision while watching TV for a long time.
15. Desist from turning on or switching off the TV set by plugging or unplugging the power cable respectively from a power source.